Create and interact with true-to-life virtual automotive designs.
Varjo’s mixed and virtual reality solutions drastically reduce the cost of designing, engineering, and selling new car models through better and faster collaboration.
Learn why 15 of the 20 largest automotive manufacturers in the world choose Varjo when building and selling the vehicles of tomorrow.
Benefits across the entire automotive value chain.
- Bring your creations to life – visualize, iterate and modify designs quickly with the highest visual fidelity on the market.
- Reduce dependency on physical models and in-person design reviews with photorealistic virtual prototyping, saving hundreds of thousands of dollars in costs.
- Conduct global design reviews remotely in hours, reducing weeks from travel time.
- Model, validate and iterate production processes in a virtual environment enabling engineering decisions to be made earlier in the process.
- Build more immersive experiences with a completely natural blending of real and virtual objects.
- Sell more effectively, with reduced need for showroom models.
Why invest in the world's most advanced mixed reality?
In the automotive industry, details matter. Whether you are working in design, engineering, quality assurance, or sales at the showroom, not being able to experience a car as if it were right in front of you is a non-starter for adopting VR across the organization.
Varjo’s industry-leading visual fidelity of up to 70 pixels per degree enables seeing even the smallest details. Thanks to the wide, 115-degree field of view large objects can be viewed in the full frame. You’ll also enjoy colors that mirror reality – the widest ever color gamut matches 99% with the sRGB and 93% with DCI-P3 color space.
Varjo’s video pass-through mixed reality device XR-3 allows you to blend photorealistic virtual and real elements, which is completely unlike the translucent and ghostlike visuals of optical see-through solutions. Varjo XR-3 also comes with depth awareness, enabling building pixel-perfect hand, object, and people occlusions.
Thanks to these capabilities, you’ll be able to streamline design reviews and speed up iterations, reduce reliance on physical prototypes, model and optimize assembly processes, run demanding safety or driving simulations, and build interactive showroom experiences that remove the need for extensive inventory.
Drag to compare
See the difference – these images were shot directly through a competitor's VR device (on the left) and the Varjo VR-3 (on the right).
15/20 of the world's largest automotive manufacturers choose Varjo.
“Before, reviewing a car model with design management meant flying to Korea and took at least four days. Now, I can do it in one hour.”.”
– Gregory Guillaume, Vice President of Design at Kia Motors Europe
“Varjo is the only device where you can no longer tell what’s real and what’s not.”
– Casper Wickman,
Technical Leader, Volvo Cars
“As virtual and mixed reality adoption continues to expand across Aston Martin, we will be able to experience new levels of productivity and efficiency, while ultimately driving an enhanced customer experience.”
– Pete Freedman, Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Aston Martin
Varjo Reality Cloud Now Available for Autodesk VRED
The new Varjo Reality Cloud platform allows professionals to stream VR/XR applications from the cloud with a lossless visual fidelity.
Varjo Reality Cloud with cloud streaming support for Autodesk VRED is now available for up to five concurrent users per company at $1495 per month.
Want to learn more?
Our professional-grade virtual- and mixed reality solutions will transform the way you do automotive design.
Learn more about Varjo products and services below.
Read our latest insights on using VR/XR for automotive design
Aston Martin Uses Immersive Technology to Evolve Their Business and Ensure the Ultimate Customer Experience
Apr 9, 2021